WE LOVE THIS JAM RECIPE WITH NO SUGAR ADDED ! IT’S QUICK, FUN, AND MAKES FOR ADORABLE GIFTS. IT CAN BE MADE EVEN WHEN FRESH BLUEBERRIES ARE NOT IN SEASON.
Blueberries are high in vitamins, high in antioxidants and have a moderate amount of carbs. 100g of blueberries contain 12g of net carbs, which makes one handful of blueberries – a decent portion – an agreeable 4g net carbs. Here’s a handy article by Diet Doctor if you’d like to find out more about the amount of carbs in fruit.
On top of that, frozen blueberries are rather reasonable in price. And whilst you might want to decorate your showstopper cake with fresh berries, for a normal meal the frozen berries will do nicely
So. Jam. I stopped eating it when I went sugar free. And I missed it. That glistening dollop of fruity deliciousness on a slice of toast… history. Until I started making my raw raspberry chia jam, that is, and my favourite low carb rolls.
HERE IS A NEW ADDITION TO YOUR LOW CARB JAM REPERTOIRE THAT IS SO RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO MAKE YOU COULD GET YOUR KIDS TO DO IT FOR YOU: SUGAR FREE BLUEBERRY JAM.
Blueberries are so sweet on their own that this jam does not even require extra sweetener. All you need to do is blueberries, lemon, some water and a couple of pinches of xanthan gum to thicken. That’s it!
This jam tastes great on bread such as my Rustic Paleo Bread or these low carb English muffins (they’re so simple, you make them in the microwave!). It works well as a fruity sauce on almond cream cheese pancakes or these almond butter waffles . I imagine it would also be delicious as a filling for low carb sponge cakes.
- Servings: 64 (Yields 4 pint sized Jars) | Serving Size: 1 tablespoon |
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pinch Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot, stir well, and heat over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to boil for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the berries while heating.
- Allow to cool before placing in jars and store in the fridge or freezer.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 7 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g
- Trans Fats: 0 g | Previous Points: 0 | Points Plus: 0 | Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 7 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 0g