_Awesome! I used fudge striped cookies, dipped in chocolate, then drizzled with the white. I made these as part of my holiday goodie give-away, but I don’t think they will make it into the bags! Just might keep them all to myself!
_Easy and a crowd pleaser. one concern, mine almost did not make it to the party….they were in danger of being eaten first!
_excellent recipe. I made it with dark chocolate as the first dip and the white chocolate as second drizzle. Big success.
_I made this with colored white chocolate for Easter. I made it two ways. The second used Baileys Irish Cream coffee creamer for the kids. Drawback. Not a strong Baileys alcohol flavor. The ball was very soft and sticky. When dropping in chocolate the cookies tend to get soft fast and fall apart. I put hot chocolate in separate bowl which helped a lot It’s a great tasting Cheesecake ball. I would use a few more cookies or less Liquid to firm up the ball a bit I used food processor
- 25 milk chocolate topped butter cookies (such as Le Petit Ecolier), crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys(R))
- 1 (9.7 ounce) package white chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Combine crushed cookies, mascarpone cheese, and Irish cream liqueur in a bowl; mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop small portions of the cookie mixture using a melon baller or small cookie scoop and roll into twenty 1-inch balls. Lay on the prepared baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
- Place white chocolate in top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Dip cheesecake balls into melted chocolate and return to fridge to chill until chocolate has hardened completely, about 1 hour.
- Place dark chocolate in top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Drizzle dark chocolate over chilled cheesecake balls. Allow to set, about 30 minutes.