Talk about taking pork chops to a whole new level, these were melt in your mouth delicious!
Pork chops are a delicious and easy alternative to chicken and the whole family loves it. One of the biggest reasons people struggle with recipe boredom is that we get in a rut with the recipes we make. Clients we’d cook for in the past used to have favorites an even a switch in protein would make a huge difference.
Why pork? Well, this recipe calls for pork loin chops. Loin chops are lean white meat similar to chicken breast, but with much more flavor. We love cooking with pork loin because you can give pork a good sear on high heat quickly while keeping the pork juicy.
Can you make this with chicken? Yes, this is an easy switch to make, I just recommend either trimming the chicken so it’s even or pounding it to an even thickness.
Since you’re going to be baking these pork chops I also recommend trimming the fat from the pork chops. While loin meat is lean there will be a small fat cap on the top of the loin. This fat is important when roasting a whole pork loin but for our purposes that fat won’t render and be as deliciously browned and crispy as it is on that pork loin.
PICKING CUTS OF PORKIf you’re looking for cut pork chops for this recipe I’d recommend one of two options to ensure you get a thick enough pork chop.
- Ask your local meat department to cut the chops thicker for you. There is not an extra cost for this, just patience (I usually ask then go finish picking out other items I need and come back when the meat is ready).
- Second, assuming you don’t want to ask for them to be done for you would be for you to buy a pork loin whole and simply cut the chops yourself.
- If you do buy a loin you can buy a half of one too and you’ll end up generally getting a pretty good deal. Just be sure to trim the fat off the top of the loin.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 C. parmesan cheese (I used Kraft)
- 1 C. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- On a plate combine the last 4 ingredients. Rub the pork chops with olive oil and then dip (coat) each one in the cheese mixture.
- Press the mixture over the pork chops to make sure they are well covered in it. Line a pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the pork chops on the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.